Open Reading Period
September 1 - December 31, 2016
We're reading now! Send us your poetry, fiction, or cross genre manuscripts! Note that we are looking for extremely well-crafted writing that challenges readers, either through plot, character, form, or ideas.
It is free to submit your manuscript. However, if you are interested, Shape&Nature Press also provides personal feedback on manuscripts for a fee of $25, which you pay upon submission through our Paypal Button below.
Feedback comes to you in the form of a letter from a Shape&Nature editor who has closely reviewed your work and whose interest is in giving candid and useful feedback to authors. Please indicate on your manuscript whether you are requesting feedback.
You may also sign up for an email Reminder for reading deadlines and results.
- Please send unpublished manuscripts of poetry, fiction, or cross-genre work. In the fiction catagory, in addition to novels we also encourage submissions of novellas, long stories, and short story collections.
By email: email@example.com.
1)Please indicate the genre of your submission in the subject line of the email. For example: Fiction submission
2)Please include a cover sheet with contact information including name, phone number, address, and email.
3) Manuscripts must be either in a Word document (.doc) or a PDF.
4) If you'd like feedback, be sure to hit the Paypal button below.
- All manuscripts should be paginated and include a Table of Contents, if necessary. You may include an acknowledgments page listing previously published work.
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to other publishers or contests are acceptable but please notify us with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if your manuscript has been accepted elsewhere.
- Responses take time. Please be patient. Often we do not get through all the submissions until April.
For authors requesting feedback, click the Buy Now button.
Creative Project Submissions
We are currently
accepting unsolicited creative project
A creative project, in our minds,is a literary art project that by its nature seeks to question, illuminate, experiment, play
or say, and which ultimately makes the reader see literature in a new way. Projects can be written by one or many authors, be conceptual,
include poetry, fiction, non-fiction, art, road trips or technology.
They may act as installations, be moveable and work on many levels.
However the project is created, it must be able to culminate in
published form. See some of our current projects.
A completed manuscript submission will include the full manuscript plus a brief description of the project and contact information.
We are also open to creaitve project proposal submissions.
A proposal will consist of 1) A project description and goals. 2) An explanation of how Shape&Nature can help -- either by publishing a final book, or using our publishing arm as an extension of the project.
We will do our
best to respond in several weeks.